India  

Met confirm ‘no trace’ of prior incident in Hainault attack

Video Credit: ODN - Duration: 01:09s - Published
Met confirm ‘no trace’ of prior incident in Hainault attack

Met confirm ‘no trace’ of prior incident in Hainault attack

The Metropolitan Police confirm they have found “no trace” of a prior incident involving a sword attacker near Hainault Tube station on Tuesday.

Assistant Commissioner Louisa Rolfe says however, “we will continue to make those inquiries”.

Report by Ajagbef.

Like us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/itn and follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/itn


You Might Like


💡 newsR Knowledge: Other News Mentions

Metropolitan Police Metropolitan Police Territorial police force of Greater London

Police no longer treating fire that shut Heathrow Airport as 'potentially criminal matter'

The Metropolitan Police says it is no longer treating a fire, that led to the closure of Heathrow Airport last week, as a potentially criminal matter.
Sky News

Laurence Fox charged with sexual offence

Laurence Fox has been charged with a sexual offence, the Metropolitan Police have confirmed.
Sky News
Met Police cannot sack officers by removing vetting clearanc [Video]

Met Police cannot sack officers by removing vetting clearanc

The Metropolitan Police cannot dismiss officers by removing their vetting clearance, the High Court has ruled. The decision comes after Sergeant Lino Di Maria successfully mounted a legal challenge, supported by the Metropolitan Police Federation, after having his vetting removed over sexual assault allegations, which he denies. Met Commissioner Sir Mark Rowley said the ruling on the law "has left policing in a hopeless position". “We now have no mechanism to rid the Met of officers who were not fit to hold vetting – those who cannot be trusted to work with women, or those who cannot be trusted to enter the homes of vulnerable people. Report by Kennedyl. Like us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/itn and follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/itn

Credit: ODN    Duration: 01:05Published

Louisa Rolfe British police officer

Most domestic abuse victims die by suicide, report reveals [Video]

Most domestic abuse victims die by suicide, report reveals

Sharon Holland says her life "is not the same anymore" since her daughter Chloe took her own life after suffering sustained domestic abuse. An annual national police report has revelaed that most domestic abuse victims die by suicide. Sharon met Safeguarding Minister Jess Phillips who says in most cases like Chloe's, "it wasn't the first cry for help". Assistant Commissioner of the National Police Chiefs' Council Louisa Rolfe adds the report "identifies how much more we need to do, not just in policing but in wider society". Report by Brooksl. Like us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/itn and follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/itn

Credit: ODN    Duration: 00:46Published

Facebook Facebook Social networking service owned by Meta Platforms

From cars to whisky: How do Trump’s tariffs affect the UK? [Video]

From cars to whisky: How do Trump’s tariffs affect the UK?

The UK Government says it is considering “possible retaliatory action” after US President Donald Trump announced a 10% tax on British goods imported to the US, on top of previously announced tariffs on cars and steel. There are concerns about how the tariffs will impact the UK economy, as the US is the UK's largest export partner. Report by Jonesia. Like us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/itn and follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/itn

Credit: ODN    Duration: 04:57Published
Camera catches terrorising hawk being captured [Video]

Camera catches terrorising hawk being captured

The moment a hawk that has terrorised a Hertfordshire village was finally captured has been caught on camera. The Harris Hawk was caught in a net in a garden. It has attacked up to 50 people, sometimes leaving victims' heads covered in blood. Some residents had set up a petition to save the hawk following rumours that the council was considering putting it down. Report by Blairm. Like us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/itn and follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/itn

Credit: ODN    Duration: 00:44Published

Mick Foley Gives Health Update Following Serious Car Crash

Mick Foley is counting his blessings following his Tuesday car wreck ... saying he feels lucky to have walked away with only minor injuries -- adding he's..
TMZ.com
John Neill: Trade war with US is a war we have to win [Video]

John Neill: Trade war with US is a war we have to win

Former chairman of Unipart John Neill reacts to the imposition of 25% tariffs on UK cars imported into the United States, saying “it’s a trade war and it’s a war we have to win”. Report by Ajagbef. Like us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/itn and follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/itn

Credit: ODN    Duration: 00:29Published
Starmer makes plea for voters to vote for change [Video]

Starmer makes plea for voters to vote for change

Sir Keir Starmer promises to execute his plan for change for the country in a new plea for people to vote for Labour at the local elections on May 1. Starmer vows, "only Labour will secure our borders, put more cash in your pocket, make your streets safer". Report by Ajagbef. Like us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/itn and follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/itn

Credit: ODN    Duration: 00:37Published